Wednesday, June 29, 2005

3 dead as Slashdot loses another contributor

IT expert goes on shooting rampage when the repo men show up:
"Mr Sacco," he said, "you've got to let me in. You know very well that your house has been repossessed." Sacco replied, "Wait here a minute." Then he went to get a hunting rifle from his collection of 30 guns [Always choose the right tool for the job--Ed.] and shot the surveyor in the face. Standing on his balcony, Sacco then began firing at passers-by. The first to be wounded was Matilda Panicali, a lawyer, shot in the back as she drove past the house. The man in the car behind said: "The lady's Fiat suddenly stopped. I didn't understand why. [Because for once, it wasn't due to mechanical failure--Ed.] I looked up, and on the balcony I saw a man in a green shirt and khaki trousers [Hm, this man is about to shoot me; I wonder what he's wearing?--Ed] with a hunting rifle in his hand."
The carabinieri were finally to apprehend Sacco, who they found sitting on a sofa in his underpants."They wanted to take everything from me," he said. "They wanted to take my house." But they can never take my pants, he added.