Friday, July 08, 2005

Blottered Exclusive: The 6th Street Bomb

Another eyewitness Blottered staffer reports on the victims of 1st degree yellow tape on 6th Street.

(Or rather, Chris didn't know Dana was gonna write this up first, but there's no point in throwing away the man's good words.)

The other night, the moderator of this clusterfuck of a blog threw up his influential SMS bat signal that there was actual, honest-to-C.O.P.S. crime taking place on 6th Street and Avenue A, here in NYC. Since the wife had just fired up a TIVO'd episode of "Being Bobby Brown," I had more than my usual reason to flee my apartment. I hustled up 1st Ave, which was blocked by a cruiser, cherry top spinning in full glory, and then tried to look nonchalant as, hands in pocket clutching my digi-cam, I moseyed down 6th toward a yellow-taped-off area in front of an apartment building.

Needless to say, there were just a few plainclothesman sitting on the hoods of their Crown Vics making farting sounds with their walkie-talkies. AK and Dana, who were drinking pink Cosmos and comparing feather boas at Cherry Tavern, claimed that a homemade bomb had been set off in the apartment across from the bar, but from the looks of the Briscoes and Serpicos loafing around, it was probably just some shut-in looking to capitalize on London's recent trauma. I tried to take some pictures of those little yellow cone thingies (numbers 1-15 for $38) they place over stuff like bullet casings but got nervous, thinking that I could be arrested for this. (Anyone know if my fear was warranted?) Luckily, I was saved from the temptation when the vigilant Dana spotted the first Becky from "Roseanne" walk past Cherry Tavern, which gave me and AK an excuse to run down the street after her, imitating the most pathetic paparazzi this side of Gawker. The end. --Kid Dig It