Thursday, July 28, 2005

SFist In My Heart

Why is it that the outer -ists of the Gothamist Dumpire of City Blogs are so much better than the Mother-Shit? For one, I know that SFist's excellence can be summed up simply by whispering the name of editor Jackson West. I witnessed the man spark a doob (a phrase you should never actually say) in a couple of Austin, TX bars without giving a second thought except to make sure I remembered his drink order. Besides that, the Ess-Fisters can even write funny, smart commentary. Imagine the possibilities of blogging when you can pull that off!! I have no doubt Jackson and Co. are part of the in-crowd and get invited to all the cool media parties from Richmond to Daly City. So where am I going with this and what's the connection to crime? Well, Lovely Rita who does their blotter round-up has sent me a couple tips that I negligently misplaced. I apologize. Please check out her latest felonious post and learn about cold-cocking-cop anarchists and a loyal bank robber. SFist Blotter [SFist]
Pictured: SFist editor Jackson West, armed and gregarious